LFCU MasterCard Debit Card PAY ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
Your MasterCard Debit Card
The multi-purpose MasterCard® Debit Card allows you to make purchases from your checking account, as well as conduct transactions at any Automated Teller Machine (ATM). You never have to worry about forgetting your checkbook or running out of checks.
- Purchases are deducted directly from your checking account, meaning you can write fewer checks.
- Use your Debit Card anywhere the MasterCard® Debit Card is accepted for 24-hour access to your funds.
- Free transactions at any Liberty Frist ATM and at over 30,000 ATMS in our CO-OP ATM Network and 32,000 MoneyPass ATMs.
- Free initial debit card. Upgrade to a designer card for only $10 at any time.
- Control and monitor your card with CardValet
- Overdraft Protection for qualified members.
- Your LFCU MasterCard® is valid for the entire month it expires in. For example, if your card says it expires on 2/19 then it will work the entire month of February. Your replacement card will be sent in the expiration month that is displayed on your card.
Give Your Liberty First Card a New Look!
Whether you have a personal checking account or a business account, you can let your personality show each time you pay with your Liberty First card. Simply pick a design that shows your true colors from our gallery of bright, vivid imagery and then give us a call at 402-465-1000 to have it printed for only $10 per card. You can even pick it up from one of our branches within hours! While you are at it, upgrade your credit card design too!
Already have a Liberty First card? No problem. You can upgrade your card for only $10. The designer card will replace your current card. If you have multiple debit cards, you will be able to choose which card is replaced.
Lost or Stolen Card Instructions
If your LFCU MasterCard Check or Credit Card is missing, lost or stolen, please notify Liberty First immediately at 402-465-1000. In the case of a stolen card, you will want to notify the police department as well. Call 1-800-472-3272 or 800-262-2024 to report your losses 24/7 if you are in the US. If your card is lost or stolen while outside of the US please call 973-682-2652.
Traveling Outside of the United States : Notify Liberty First Credit Union when you will be traveling out of the country. This will keep us from suspecting fraudulent activity and potentially blocking your card. Also, be sure all of your contact information, including email, is correct so we can contact you if needed.
If you use a "0" (zero) as the first number in your PIN you should consider resetting your PIN. Zero's as the leading digit are not always recognized in many foreign countries. To reset your PIN call 800-992-3808.
Traveling Outside of Your Residing State: Make your United States vacation worry free! Simply use your debit card for a few PIN based transactions along your travel route and when you arrive at your destination. This process will help let our Card Fraud Center know you are the one using the card.
MasterCard offers Global Assistance Services to you while traveling. It provides worldwide, 24-hour assistance with Lost and Stolen Card Reporting, Emergency Card Replacement and Emergency Cash Advances. If you run into any issues while traveling please call MasterCard Assist at 1-800-622-7747. If your cards is lost or stolen outside of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands please visit www.mastercard.com and locate the emergency services tab to find the appropriate number to call.
Using Your Card at a Merchant Terminal
Many merchants’ terminals act differently when accepting a debit card as an EMV Transaction. Most terminals default into a PIN selection, but usually have a way to allow for a signature transaction. We feel that using the card with a signature protects you and maintains the confidentiality of your PIN, while allowing you to earn points and accumulate transactions for various Kasasa rewards. Remember, if you are a Kasasa account holder or utilize our rewards program, you must use the card with a signature to get points and/or accumulate monthly Kasasa transaction requirements.
- Always choose credit, when given the option.
- Choose "Debit MasterCard" instead of Debit, when given the option.
- Select "Change Payment" on the "Enter PIN" screen, if given the option - then select "Credit"
- At a variety of merchants, you must ask the cashier how to process the card as a "credit" or signature transaction when the prompt for your PIN is displayed. Sometimes it is by entering the green "enter" option, other terminals require you to hit the red "X" or cancel button.
- Finally, some merchants will need to swipe the card to allow for your signature. You will have to ask them to do so.
Don’t wait, get Your Liberty First Debit Card
Don't have a card yet? Do something good for yourself and get one today! Complete our Online Application, stop in or give us a call at 402-465-1000.