Give Your Liberty First Card a New Look! | View the Design Gallery
Whether you have a personal checking account or a business account, you can now let your personality show each time you pay with your Liberty First card. Simply pick a design that shows your true colors from our gallery of bright, vivid imagery and then give us a call at 402-465-1000 to have it printed. You can even pick it up from one of our branches within hours! While you are at it, upgrade your credit card design too!
Already have a Liberty First card? No problem. You can upgrade your card for only $10. The designer card will replace your current card. If you have multiple debit cards, you will be able to choose which card is replaced.
Your MasterCard Debit Card
The multi-purpose MasterCard Check Card allows you to make purchases from your checking account, as well as conduct transactions at any Automated Teller Machine (ATM). You don't ever have to worry about forgetting your checkbook or running out of checks.
- Purchases are deducted directly from your checking account, meaning you can write fewer checks.
- Use your Cash & Check Card anywhere the MasterCard Debit Card is accepted for 24-hour access to your funds
- Free transactions at any Liberty Frist ATM and at over 30,000 ATMS in our CO-OP ATM Network
- Free initial debit card. Upgrade to a designer card for only $10 at any time.
- Control and monitor your card with CardValet
- Overdraft protection for qualified members.
Lost or Stolen Card Instructions
If your LFCU MasterCard Check Card is missing, lost or stolen, please notify Liberty First immediately. In the case of a stolen card, notify the police department as well. Call 1-800-535-8440 to report your losses 24/7.
Traveling Outside of the United States & or the State You Reside In
When traveling outside of the United States please let us know in advance by calling (402) 465-1000. If Liberty First Fraud Protection Service cannot contact you at the phone number on file with Liberty First, your cards may be blocked. Notifying us in advance will keep your cards available for purchases while you are out of the country.
MasterCard offers Global Assistance Services to you while traveling. It provides worldwide, 24-hour assistance with Lost and Stolen Card Reporting, Emergency Card Replacement and Emergency Cash Advances. If you run into any issues while traveling please call MasterCard Assist at 1-800-622-7747. If your cards is lost or stolen outside of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands please visit www.mastercard.com and locate the emergency services tab to find the appropriate number to call.
MasterCard SecureCode is an online security service to guard you against unauthorized use of your MasterCard card while shopping online at participating merchants. There is no software to download, no cost and no hassles. Simply click here to register your card(s) now. Tip: If you have a hyphenated name, you will need to put a space between your last names vs the hyphen.
Apply Today!Attention all EMV Debit Card Users:
Don't have a card yet? Do something good for yourself and apply today!
Many merchants’ terminals act differently when accepting a debit card as an EMV Transaction. Most terminals default into a PIN selection, but usually have a way to allow for a signature transaction. We feel that using the card with a signature protects you and maintains the confidentiality of your PIN, while allowing you to earn points and accumulate transactions for various Kasasa rewards. Remember, if you are a Kasasa account holder or utilize our rewards program, you must use the card with a signature to get points and/or accumulate monthly Kasasa transaction requirements.
- Always choose credit, when given the option.
- Choose "Debit MasterCard" instead of Debit, when given the option.
- Select "Change Payment" on the "Enter PIN" screen, if given the option - then select "Credit"
- At a variety of merchants, you must ask the cashier how to process the card as a "credit" or signature transaction when the prompt for your PIN is displayed. Sometimes it is by entering the green "enter" option,
other terminals require you to hit the red "X" or cancel button.
- Finally, some merchants will need to swipe the card to allow for your signature. You will have to ask them to do